PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 So Chic
- 16 inch black ‘Blade’ alloy wheels
- ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and Emergency Braking Assistance
- Electronic Stability Control
- Hill-Start Assist function
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Chrome DS Wings grille
- Chrome door handles
- Dark tinted rear windows
- Chrome exhaust tailpipe
So Chic features plus:
- Central armrest
- Gloss black décor
- 3D-effect LED rear lights
- 16” Aristée alloy wheels
- Hands-free Bluetooth kit and USB connector
- Auto pack
- Automatic light-up
- Automatic air conditioning
- Automatic front wiper
- Electrochrome rear-view mirror
- De-icing wing mirrors retracting on lock-up
- Interior fragrance
- LED foglamps
- Temporary spare wheel (on PureTech 130 S&S manual)
- Audio system controlled from 7’’ touchscreen (2)
(1) Replaces emergency tyre repair kit
(2) Replaces CD player
(3) Service package including geolocated emergency and assistance calls
(4) Includes third central channel and amplified bass chamber “
Inimitable style and new DS identity
Floating roof and shark’s fin are among the characteristic design features extolling the inimitable personality of this emblematic city convertible. New DS 3 Cabrio boasts the DS Wings front end, sporting DS LED Vision technology.
New DS 3 Cabrio draws inspiration from the world of fashion, in body colour, choice of four roof colours, alloy wheels and distinguished interior linings and décors.
Know-how and refinement
Craftsman-like refinement and attention to detail show through in the watchstrap-stitched Napa leather, side window markings, leather dashboard trim, and laser-engraved wing mirror shells and décors.
Intuitive convertible roof
“Intuitive convertible roof operable at speeds up to 120 km/h:
– large, supple electrically controlled sliding roof folding away behind the rear-seat passengers in just 16 seconds”
Benchmark in acoustic comfort, with quality textile (for soundproofing better than on rival models) and aerodynamic deflector.
New petrol engines
Efficient new petrol engines: PureTech 110 S&S (automatic). Record low emissions (from 79 g/km of CO2) from BlueHDi diesel technology. And new Drive Efficiency versions.
Advanced technologies for daytime and nighttime driving: – DS LED Vision technology, for exceptional lighting quality – Active City Brake – Reversing camera and new front parking assistance sensors – Hill-start assist
Advanced connectivity with 7” touchscreen, for the ultimate in motoring convenience: DS Connect Packs, Mirror Screen (now compatible with Apple CarPlay™).
Safety and versatility
Five full-size seats, the largest boot in this category (285 l), and optimum comfort/response balance, in town and on the open road. DS 3 Cabrio’s optimized body structure means it is comparable in weight (just 25 kg heavier) and body stiffness to the hatchback. Design intelligence is unsurpassed: Five seats, benchmark boot volume (245 l) optimizable in asymmetric rear-seat fold-down configuration, and ingenious boot access (opening height 275 mm and unobtrusive mechanism.
The turbocharged three-cylinder PureTech 110 engine, with its high torque at low revs, is ideally coupled through the EAT6 six-speed automatic transmission, for a fabulously smooth and brisk driving experience
New DS3 Cabrio exudes an inimitable sense of sophisticated Parisian refinement, coupled with superlative technology and high performance. Its highly expressive character enables motorists to express their personalities to the full, as well as enjoying extraordinary driving sensations.
New DS 3 Cabrio is an effervescent little city convertible extolling French art de vivre in the city streets and on the open road:
- Choice of four roof colours (Black, Emerald Green, Infinite Blue, Monogramme)
- Unique play on textures and motifs It is highly customizable, making each car unique: body/roof colour combination, wing mirror shells, wheels, dashboard trim, gearshift, linings).
Attention to detail: chrome door handles, side trims and wing mirror stems. Full choice of alloy wheel sizes and colours (16 alloy wheels from 16” to 18”, in two-tone with diamond finish, for the ultimate in refinement)
Further emphasizing the fashionable Parisian personality of New DS 3 Cabrio, the Irrésistible Paris décor comes with side window markings and laser engraving on the dashboard trim. The wing mirrors, in the same colour as the roof, with chrome finish or laser engraving, add a touch of refinement to the distinctive, expressive outline.
There are new interior lining and décor choices (Dinamica Black Basalte textile, etc.). Napa leather upholstery with the characteristic DS watchstrap stitch is now available in a new colour: Trinitario Brown.
DS 3 Cabrio owes much of its success to a captivating personality, an inimitable and instantly recognizable style. The DS design teams therefore kept the car’s unique signature features of floating roof, two-tone body/roof and shark’s fin body line. New DS 3 Cabrio brings in a the new DS front identity (DS Wings), sculpted like a work of art, with verticalized hexagonal grille proudly bearing the DS badge. The main new design feature is the double DS Wings front end, which enhances the car’s connotations of French luxury.
Front light signature
DS LED Vision technology:
- Innovative combination of LED (three LED modules) ad xenon technologies.
- Scrolling indicators, unique in this vehicle segment.
- DS lattice embedded in the headlamps.
- LED features in front air inlets.
Style and modernity:
- Sensual, hypnotic appearance characteristic of the DS brand
- Enhanced comfort and safety: wide, deep, white light flux, for improved visibility at low and high speeds, and less driver fatigue
- Higher efficiency: economy (50% less energy consumed in dipped mode and 67% less in main-beam mode), and longer service life (20 times longer, or 20,000 hours) than halogen lamps.
Rear light signature
The 3D-effect LED rear lights on New DS 3 Cabrio bring further illustration of French elegance and attention to detail. The lamp unit comprises a rectangular lightguide with 30 LEDs plus a set of mirrors and semi-reflective panes forming infinite reflections of the lightguide image. This high-tech, high-performance light signature sets a new standard in lighting technology, with its (rectangular 3D module of 30 LEDs topped by an upper blade of 24 LEDs in each lamp). Another little detail: the DS logo is embedded jewel-like, in the rear lamps.
French design flair is also seen in the leather upholstery (textured or Napa with watchstrap stitch), the dashboard with leather trim or exclusive laser engraving, the leather-covered panel hood, the smooth leather-covered steering wheel, the exclusive chrome trims, etc.
Along with a broad choice, New DS 3 Cabrio also offers a panoply of exclusive features:
- Watchstrap stitching in Napa leather, unique in the automotive world and exclusive to DS
- Embossed DS logo on front seats and leather dashboard trim.
Benchmark acoustic comfort:
- Roof in three layers of composite material lined with interior finishing textile, for acoustic and thermal comfort
- Aerodynamic deflector Driving pleasure is enhanced by the low, wrap-around seats (heated on some versions) and exemplary soundproofing. Noise and vibration from engine, airflow and road are filtered out very effectively.
DS 3 Cabrio offers a exclusive, intuitive convertible roof operable at speeds up to 120 km/h. The large, supple, electrically controlled sliding roof retracts to any degree, and folds up behind the rear-seat passengers in just 16 seconds.
New DS 3 Cabrio stands out for convenience and practicality:
- Five full-size seats
- Exemplary luggage space, with the largest boot in its category (285 litres)
- Generous glove compartment and door cubbies
- Stowage space in movable central armrest
- One-touch asymmetric rear-seat fold-down
New DS 3 Cabrio offers satnav from a high-resolution 7” colour touchscreen
- Jukebox function, Bluetooth audio streaming and USB/AUX connectivity, for the utmost listening pleasure
- Satnav in Birdview mode – Safe phone capability with hands-free function
- DS Connect Box* services (geolocalized emergency and assistance calls), for peace of mind, plus a range of other packs (Monitoring, Mapping and Tracking) for added functionality
- Touchscreen (7”) for highly intuitive use at the wheel: centralized information, Mirror Screen connectivity (Apple CarPlay™ and MirrorLink®) with Text to Speech / Speech to Text function for safety and comfort
- MyDS for interactive access to full vehicle use data
* in some countries.
Active City Brake
The Active City Brake system avoids low-speed collisions using a short-range laser sensor located above the windscreen At speeds up to 30 km/h this operates the brake system controller to avoid collision, or reduce the impact of collision.
Driver assistance systems
New DS 3 Cabrio has extensive safety and comfort features:
- Cruise control with programmable speed limiter
- Reversing camera coupled with touchscreen navigation, with image shown on the 7” screen
- Front and rear parking assist
- Hill-start assist for all versions with S&S
- Crawl function for all versions with automatic or automated manual transmissions
The interior fragrance function releases a subtle, pleasant perfume, at adjustable intensity, throughout the passenger compartment.
The New DS 3 HiFi system has exceptional acoustic performance, with a third channel located in the dashboard and an amplified bass unit in the boot.
Brisk, agile, responsive roadholding affords a sensational ride on board New DS 3. Sensational driving pleasure entails no penalty on comfort: the comfort/roadholding balance is the best there is.
The new EAT6 automatic transmission (Efficient Automatic Transmission 6) is the ideal engine-transmission combination for smooth yet dynamic driving response.
- Faster, smoother gearshifts
- Improved driveability
- Response and acceleration The EAT6 transmission is coupled with the three-cylinder PureTech110 S&S petrol engine, to give fuel mixed-cycle consumption of 4.6 litres per 100 km and CO2 emissions of 105 g/km.
“New DS 3 Cabrio is available with a choice of new PureTech three-cylinder engines (International Engine of the Year 2015):
PureTech 110 S&S, with manual or EAT6 automatic gearbox (consumption from 4.5 l/100 km and CO2 emissions from 104 g/km). The EAT6 new-generation six-speed automatic transmission gives prompt, supple response from low engine speeds.