- PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 automatic gearbox
In addition to Elegance specifications, Be Chic adds:
- 16 inch black ‘Blade’ alloy wheels
- Basalt Black ‘Rayados’ cloth
- ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and Emergency Braking Assistance
- Electronic Stability Control
- Hill-Start Assist function
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Chrome DS Wings grille
- Chrome door handles
- Dark tinted rear windows
- Chrome exhaust tailpipe
- Touch screen
- air conditioning
- front armrest
- PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 automatic gearbox
In addition to Elegance specifications, So Chic adds:
- Basalt Black ‘Akinen’ Alcantara® and cloth
- 17 inch black diamond-cut Bellone alloy wheels
- DS LED Vision – Xenon headlights
- Electrically heated and folding door mirrors
- Auto-dimming electrochrome rear view mirror
- Automatic lights and windscreen wipers
- Rear spoiler
Floating roof, two-tone body, and shark’s fin are among the characteristic design features extolling the inimitable personality of this emblematic city car.
New DS 3 draws inspiration from the world of fashion, with its Aden Red body colour, Topaz brown roof, alloy wheels and distinguished interior linings and décors.
Refinement and Materials
Craftsman-like attention to detail shows through in the watchstrap-stitched Napa leather, side window markings, leather dashboard trim, and laser-engraved wing mirror shells and décors.
Incisive suspension and precise steering ensure crisp response under all circumstances, for a reassuring sense of control and safety.
Latest Engine and Gearbox Technology
Efficient new petrol engines: PureTech 110 S&S (automatic)
Advanced technology for daytime and nighttime driving:
DS LED Vision technology, for exceptional lighting quality
Active City Brake
Reversing camera and new front parking assistance sensors
Advanced connectivity with 7” touchscreen, for the ultimate in motoring convenience: Mirror Screen (compatible with Apple CarPlay)
Five full-size seats, the largest boot in this category (285 l), and optimum comfort/response balance, in town and on the open road.
The turbocharged three-cylinder PureTech 110 engine, with its high torque at low revs, is ideally coupled through the EAT6 six-speed automatic transmission, for a fabulously smooth and brisk driving experience
New DS 3 offers full customization capabilities, enabling drivers to express their individual takes on the strong personality of DS 3. Ever true to its fashionable Parisian chic image, New DS 3 gets a new body colour (Aden Red) and a new roof colour (Topaz Brown), drawing inspiration from precious stones and perfectly in harmony with the new interior dashboard trim.
Body Colour Combinations
Exterior customization capability is the broadest in this vehicle segment:
- 44 possible combinations of body/roof colours (with choice of 11 body colours and 4 roof colours)
- Choice of 10 exterior roof décors, in addition to the four roof colours
- Choice of 10 wing mirror colours
Attention to detail: chrome door handles, side trims and wing mirror stems. Full choice of alloy wheel sizes and colours (16 alloy wheels from 16” to 18”, in two-tone with diamond finish, for the ultimate in refinement)
Further emphasizing the fashionable Parisian personality of New DS 3, the Irrésistible Paris décor comes with side window markings and laser engraving on the dashboard trim. The wing mirrors, in the same colour as the roof, with chrome finish or laser engraving, add a touch of refinement to the distinctive, expressive outline.
There are new interior lining and décor choices (Dinamica Black Basalte textile, Topaz Brown décor, etc.). Napa leather upholstery with the characteristic DS watchstrap stitch is now available in a new colour: Trinitario Brown.
The inimitable DS style shines out in characteristic features such as the shark’s fin, floating roof, and new DS front identity (DS Wings), sculpted like a work of art, with verticalized hexagonal grille proudly bearing the DS badge. The main new design feature introduced on New DS 3, is the double DS Wings front end, which enhances the car’s connotations of French luxury.
Front Light Signature
DS LED Vision technology:
- Innovative combination of LED (three LED modules) ad xenon technologies
- Scrolling indicators, unique in this vehicle segment
- DS lattice embedded in the headlamps
- LED features in front air inlets
Advantages of DS LED Vision technology:
- Style and modernity: sensual, hypnotic appearance characteristic of the DS brand
- Enhanced comfort and safety: wide, deep, white light flux, for improved visibility at low and high speeds, and less driver fatigue
- Higher efficiency: economy (50% less energy consumed in dipped mode and 67% less in main-beam mode), and longer service life (20 times longer, or 20,000 hours) than halogen lamps
Rear Light Signature
The 3D-effect LED rear lights on New DS 3 bring further illustration of French elegance and attention to detail. The lamp unit comprises a rectangular lightguide with 30 LEDs plus a set of mirrors and semi-reflective panes forming infinite reflections of the lightguide image. This high-tech, high-performance light signature sets a new standard in lighting technology, with its (rectangular 3D module of 30 LEDs topped by an upper blade of 24 LEDs in each lamp). Another little detail: the DS logo is embedded jewel-like, in the rear lamps.
French design flair is also seen in the leather upholstery (textured or Napa with watchstrap stitch), the dashboard with leather trim or exclusive laser engraving, the leather-covered panel hood, the smooth leather-covered steering wheel, the exclusive chrome trims, etc.
Along with a broad choice, New DS 3 also offers a panoply of exclusive features:
- watchstrap stitching in Napa leather, unique in the automotive world and exclusive to DS – embossed DS logo on front seats and leather dashboard trim
Driving pleasure on New DS 3 is enhanced by the low, wrap-around seats (heated on some versions) and exemplary soundproofing. Noise and vibration from engine, airflow and road are filtered out very effectively.
New DS 3 stands out for convenience and practicality:
- five full-size seats
- exemplary luggage space, with the largest boot in its category (285 litres)
- generous glove compartment and door cubbies storage space in movable central armrest
- one-touch asymmetric rear-seat fold-down
New DS 3 offers satnav from a high-resolution 7” colour touchscreen
- Jukebox function, Bluetooth audio streaming and USB/AUX connectivity, for the utmost listening pleasure – Satnav in Birdview mode
- Safe phone capability with hands-free function
Touchscreen (7”) for highly intuitive use at the wheel: centralized information, Mirror Screen connectivity (Apple CarPlay and MirrorLink) with Text to Speech / Speech to Text function for safety and comfort
- MyDS for interactive access to full vehicle use data
Active City Brake
The Active City Brake system avoids low-speed collisions or lessens collision impact. A short-range laser sensor located above the windscreen detects obstacles, such as a stationary or moving vehicle ahead. At speeds up to 30 km/h it identifies the potential risk and communicates directly with the brake system controller to avoid collision, or reduce the impact of collision, without the driver having to operate the brake pedal. This automatic braking function slows the vehicle down, to standstill if the situation so requires.
Driver Assistance Systems
New DS 3 has extensive safety and comfort features:
- Cruise control with programmable speed limiter
- Reversing camera coupled with touchscreen navigation, with image shown on the 7” screen
- Front and rear parking assist
- Hill-start assist for all versions with S&S
- Crawl function for all versions with automatic or automated manual transmissions
The interior fragrance function releases a subtle, pleasant perfume, at adjustable intensity, throughout the passenger compartment.
The New DS 3 Hi-Fi system has exceptional acoustic performance, with a third channel located in the dashboard and an amplified bass unit in the boot.
Brisk, agile, responsive roadholding affords a sensational ride on board New DS 3. Sensational driving pleasure entails no penalty on comfort: the comfort/roadholding balance is the best there is.
The new EAT6 automatic transmission (Efficient Automatic Transmission 6) is the ideal engine-transmission combination for smooth yet dynamic driving response.
- Faster, smoother gearshifts
- Improved driveability
- Response and acceleration The EAT6 transmission is coupled with the three-cylinder PureTech110 S&S petrol engine, to give fuel mixed-cycle consumption of 4.6 litres per 100 km and CO2 emissions of 105 g/km.
New DS 3 is available with a choice of new PureTech three-cylinder engines (International Engine of the Year 2015):
- PureTech 110 S&S, with manual or EAT6 automatic gearbox (consumption from 4.5 l/100 km and CO2 emissions from 104 g/km).
- The EAT6 new-generation six-speed automatic transmission gives prompt, supple response from low engine speeds.
The powerful, ecological BlueHDi diesel engines (100 and 120) available for New DS 3 stand at the forefront of technology. They include an SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) module upstream of the additive-based particulate filter to cut out NOx (90%) as well as reducing CO2 emissions. The BlueHDi 100 S&S, for example, achieves fuel consumption from 3 l/100 km and CO2 emissions from 79 g/km.